Below are a few clips from my keynote speech at the Kumon North American Instructor’s Conference.
Habits, Love, Teenagers, Relationships, Kumon & the SAT (5:40):
- How to convince a teenager to do what you want them to do (i.e., things they don’t want to do)
- The power of habits and how to cultivate habits in children and teenagers
- What I wish I’d known when my kids were younger (speaking as the mother of an 18-year-old and 20-year-old)
How to Motivate a Teenager (8:11):
- Tip #1: To motivate a teenager, stopped focusing on their behavior and started focusing on the relationship.
- Tip #2: Expect there to be bumps along the way. A kid who does bad things is not a bad kid. Get back on the horse and focus on building the relationship.
- Tip #3: The worst “punishment” my teenage son had ever heard of turned out to be the best “punishment” I inadvertently stumbled onto.
Why I Took My Teenagers to Kumon … and Why They Rebelled (8:24)
When my kids were teenagers, I thought it would be “fun” for the 3 of us to do Kumon together over summer vacation. Had I known the magnitude of fight that would ensue, I probably would have re-thought that first visit to Kumon. #clueless
To find out more about my speaking and tutoring services, click on this link: Tutoring & Speaking
And/or, please send an email if you’d like to discuss further: [email protected]oreProject.com